Skip to main content

Spiced Chicken, Green Apple, Belle Chevre Goat Cheese Avocado Wrap



***There are certain foods that are worth dreaming about, and artisan cheeses certainly deserve a spot on that list.  I was recently contacted by the awesome folks at Belle Chevre Creamery, who wanted to feature my blog on their website as part of a four week series spotlighting healthy summer recipes by none other than Chef Marvin Woods.  I was so thrilled about the opportunity!

Take a look at the article HERE!

Chef Marvin Woods is an Emmy Award-Nominated television host, celebrity chef, and cookbook author.  In addition, Chef Woods was chosen as the very first chef to kick off Michelle Obama's Let's Move! campaign.  

Pretty amazing stuff, huh??

I was equally excited to find out that Belle Chevre Creamery, a company that has produced internationally acclaimed chevre cheeses for over 20 years, is located right here in my home-state of Alabama!  Belle Chevre has teamed up with Chef Woods to create a new e-Cookbook filled with wonderful and HEALTHY summer recipes for you to enjoy.

After one bite of Belle Chevre's goat cheese, and I am hooked.  The texture is amazingly creamy, mild, and distinct.  It's not like other chevres...It's way better!  My husband - Brad - has never really been a big fan of goat cheese, but even he loved these wraps!  

I was in disbelief.

The day after we ate these, he was still talking about them.  The tartness of the apples adds such a perfect crunch, while the avocado just sends it over the top.  And the spiced chicken - Where can I even begin?  The cinnamon, paprika and cumin spice mixture is simply incredible.  You might think that the cinnamon would give the chicken a somewhat sweet taste, but it's perfectly balanced by the other spices.  The next time that I need a quick and easy way to flavor boring ole' chicken breasts for dinner, I am going to use this spice rub...It's so yummy!

I really think you'll LOVE this fresh and healthy summer recipe.  It's absolutely perfect for a healthy lunch or easy dinner.

Bon Appetit!***


Spice mixture made of cinnamon, paprika and cumin...Yum!



Spiced Chicken, Green Apple, Belle Chevre Goat Cheese Avocado Wrap

© Recipe courtesy of Trailblazing Productions, LLC, All Rights Reserved


Serving:  Makes 2 Wraps

Ingredients:

2 Spinach or whole wheat wraps

1 Chicken breast (butterfly chicken breast if you like), skin removed

4 tablespoons canola oil

¼ teaspoon cinnamon

½ teaspoon smoked paprika (preferred) regular will do

¼ teaspoon cumin powder

4 ounces Belle Chevre Goat Cheese, room temperature

4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature

2 tablespoons honey

½ Granny Smith apple (skinned and core removed, cut into slices)

½ Red apple (skinned and core removed, cut into slices)

½ Avocado (skin and pit removed, cut into slices)

½ Lemon cut in half and juiced (seeds removed)

Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste



Directions:
Combine cinnamon, paprika, cumin powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Place chicken breast on a flat surface. And sprinkle with spice mixture.


Tip - If you pound out the chicken breast slightly to get an even thickness across the meat it will cook more evenly as you sauté it without overbrowning.  Just place the chicken in a baggie and pound lightly with a rolling pin to an even thickness.


Place canola oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Put chicken breast in the pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on one side. Turn chicken over and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. If need be, alternate turning chicken over on both sides until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°.  Transfer the chicken breast on a plate to cool and slice into strips.


In a bowl, mix together goat cheese, cream cheese and honey. In a separate bowl add apples, avocado and a pinch of lemon juice.


Place wraps on a flat surface. Add an even amount of the cheese mixture in a straight line to the front of the wrap. Add apple and avocado slices, then chicken strips.  Take one of the wraps sides and fold it in to the middle. Roll wrap starting with the side that has the chicken mixture. Roll as tightly as you can without breaking the wrap. Serve.


Look what came in the mail!  Be sure to check out Belle Chevre's decadent breakfast cheeses - Mixed with fig, coffee, cinnamon or even honey!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I came across your blog the other day by chance after googling Julia Child's strawberry tarts. I love it and loved this post. My husband is also not a huge goat cheese fan but hopefully the recipe will sway him :)

Popular posts from this blog

Absolutely Sinful Cinnamon Rolls

***Alrighty, here are the cinnamon rolls that I mentioned in my previous post. I put these together on Christmas Eve, and then baked them on Christmas morning. Let me just tell you...there's nothing quite like the smell of yummy cinnamon rolls wafting through the house on Christmas morning...ahhhhh...so wonderful! This is going to be a new tradition for us...fresh, homemade rolls on Christmas. I thought that I might try this recipe, and then maybe try a new one next year...until I found one that I really loved. However, I hit the jackpot on the first try! This is THE recipe that I'll always use. UPDATE:   Since originally writing this post in 2008, I've  made these cinnamon rolls every year for Christmas!  They are a holiday tradition that my family looks forward to all year!  You can see my other posts here, with lots more photos of these sinful cinnamon rolls: CHRISTMAS 2009 CHIRSTMAS 2010 CHRISTMAS 2011 The great thing was that I could prepare them on Christmas

My Favorite Quiche!

***It's not often that a recipe is worthy of re-posting.  I think I've only done that once or twice in the entire time I've written this blog.  However, this is one of those rare occasions.  Back in 2009 when Brad and I went to Europe, we had the most amazing Quiche Lorraine at the incredible Les Deux Magots cafe in Paris.  It was delicious and was served alongside a yummy salad of fresh greens (Quiche Lorraine sur Salade Verte).  Oh, it was heaven on a plate!  It also didn't hurt that we were sitting on the patio of one of the most famous cafes in Paris, after all...haha.  The atmosphere and people-watching in that particular area are hard to beat. I'll never forget the elderly lady that was sitting at the table right next to us (the tables were situated pretty close together).  She was dressed to-the-nines, was all by herself, and was just the quintessential, classy Parisian lady.  I wish more than anything that I had tried to strike up a conversation with her

Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread - Southern Living

***There seriously aren't very many things that smell better than Banana Nut Bread baking in the oven.   Don't you agree?  This recipe for Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread from Southern Living magazine was one of the very first recipes that I added to this blog...back in November 2007!  In fact, I came across it when I worked for the magazine as a Marketing Intern.  Back then, I didn't have a photo for every recipe, and the blog post was simply the recipe and nothing else.  Because this is my go-to recipe for Banana Nut Bread (and because it is so amazing!), I thought that it deserved a little more attention.  This is quite honestly some of the best Banana Nut Bread that I've ever had.  An entire 8oz. package of cream cheese is added right to the batter, along with 4 mashed bananas.  The cream cheese adds so much to this recipe, with an incredibly moist texture being the main component.  Plus, the roasted pecans are the perfect addition.  Roasting the nuts brings out